What I Use:
- I use a custom built PC that is around 10 years old at this point. It runs an Intel i7-5820K, and NVIDIA GTX 1070, with 16GB of RAM and several hard drives/SSDs.
- I also use a Thinkpad T420 as a laptop.
- I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 as a phone and a Galaxy Tab S6 Lite for a tablet. At some point in the future I would like to buy a phone I can load a custom ROM onto, but I haven’t had the time to figure that out. I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with these devices.
- I also use a 2016 Macbook Pro for work because that is what my employer has provided.
PC and laptop:
- My pc and laptop run Arch Linux. I just find that it works and makes most sense for me. I have been using it for years now.
- My desktop environment is a custom build of dwm
- My main web browser is Librewolf, but I also occaionally use Brave
- I use a custom build of st terminal
- I generally like to use suckless tools :)
- I use Anki for flashcards
Phone and tablet:
- When there is a sufficient app on f-droid I will use that. I try to minimize proprietary apps, but have not gone completely free and open source… yet
- I replace almost all my basic apps with the simple basic tools suite
- I use tasks.org as a way of organizing my tasks and to-do lists
- I use Waistline for tracking nutrition and calories
- I use Nextcloud to sync my calendar, rss, and contacts
This is not an exhaustive list. I use many small apps and programs for various purposes. I will continue to update this blog post to add more apps, and update if I change any of these, so stop here every so often if you are interested.